Renewable Energy is Targeted by PT DSSA for Business Diversification

PT Dian Swastatica Sentosa Tbk (DSSA)
  • PT Dian Swastatica Sentosa Tbk (DSSA) began to diversify its business. One of them is by looking at businesses in the field of new and renewable energy (EBT).
  • PT DSSA has been included in PLN’s DPT (Selected Provider List) list. So, DSSA plans to participate in tenders from PLN for EBT power plant projects.
  • There are 2 types of NRE that are of interest to DSSA, namely solar energy and geothermal energy.

PT Dian Swastatica Sentosa Tbk (DSSA) began to diversify its business. One of them is by looking at businesses in the field of new and renewable energy (EBT).

PT Dian Swastatika Sentosa Tbk was founded in 1996 under the laws of the Republic of Indonesia, based on the Company Deed No. 6 dated August 2, 1996. The Company and its subsidiaries currently conduct their primary business in the sectors of power and steam generation (parent company), coal and gold mining and trading, technology, and fertilizer and chemical trading (subsidiaries). Furthermore, the Company and its subsidiaries produce products and services such as electricity, coal, gold, pay TV, internet services, pesticide, fertilizer, and chemicals through the four lines of business.

Read more:



PT DSSA has been included in PLN’s DPT (Selected Provider List) list. So, DSSA plans to participate in tenders from PLN for EBT power plant projects.

Currently, DSSA’s business is dominated by the mining business. In 2021, the contribution of the mining business in DSSA’s total consolidated revenue will reach 89.5%. And the remaining revenue came from the fertilizer and chemicals trading business segment at 5.5%. In addition, other revenues from technology 2.6%, electricity 2.3%, and others 0.1%.

DSSA management did not specify how much the projected contribution of the EBT business to the total revenue in the DSSA plan will be. However, it is known that there are 2 types of NRE that are of interest to DSSA, namely solar energy and geothermal energy. For the development of the geothermal EBT business, PT DSSA is eyeing locations in the West Java area. Then, this area is considered to have a large geothermal potential. And in the near future PT DSSA will get an exploration assignment from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.

Read more:



In the 2021 RUPTL, the government and PLN have planned to add 20.9 GW of power plants in the 2021-2030 period. And this amount is equivalent to 51.6% of the total additional power plants planned in the 2021-2030 RUPTL. And the rest are fossil-based generators.

Based on the RUPTL 2021-2030, 56.3% of the RUPTL 2021-2030 EBT power plant project is planned to be developed by the private sector. While the remaining 43.7% by PLN itself.

Editor: Riana Nurhasanah

References:

[1]Diversifikasi Usaha, Dian Swastatika (DSSA) Incar Bisnis Energi Baru dan Terbarukan

[2]PT Dian Swastatika Sentosa Tbk

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.